Monday, April 12, 2010

Tomorrow: You're only a day away?


"Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away"

When I was little, I always loved that song from Annie, probably my favorite one of them all. But now since I'm older and have a little bit more knowledge about how life works, I'm starting to doubt the song...

We all know that there has been at least one time in life where we've said, "I'll do that tomorrow" or SOMETHING of that nature. The fact is, tomorrow is not promised to any one of us. Matter fact, the next second isn't guaranteed, honestly. I just came from a really great conference in Columbus, Ohio and during such a great, uplifting time, two kids received a phone call that their father had died. I don't know about you, but that stuff is straight up depressing!

Things like that make me sad but also so thankful for my life and the life of my loved ones. The truth is, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, and anyone's life can be done at any given moment...whether expected or not. This is why we shouldn't waste time and live up to our full potential and get it together.

Of course, with that thought in mind we lead to the thought of "Life's too short". Well honestly, I kinda have a problem with that statement too (but my view of it is kinda contradictory). I feel like too many people say that life is too short when in fact, life is the LONGEST thing you'll EVER have to do. Ever. The twist is this: Just because life is the longest thing you'll have to do doesn't mean it'll be as long as you planned. Everyone knows that one's life may be shorter than another one's and that one's death may have come sooner than anticipated. So instead of wasting your life because you know it's the longest task you'll have, don't spend like you have all the time in the world to do what you want to do.

This is really short, but let's wrap this up. Basically what I want you to carry away from this is KNOW THAT TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED, always BE THANKFUL FOR THE LIFE OF YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES, and just because life is the longest thing you'll ever have to do, DON'T TAKE TIME FOR GRANTED.

I close with this quote I heard from Master Oogway in the movie, Kung Fu Panda: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it's called present."

Use that gift and take advantage of TODAY!

~Nia A.D.L.

*Like this post? Dislike it? Comment! Any feedback is appreciated.*
Photo: No Copyright Infringement Intended

No comments:

Post a Comment