Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

That quote from Dr. Seuss is part of the header for NIA SPEAKS, and that is what I will be talking about starting...NOW!

I'm gonna break this post down into 3 categories:
CATEGORY ONE- Be who you are.
CATEGORY TWO- Say what you feel.
CATEGORY THREE- Figure out who matters and who doesn't.


Easy right? Okay. Let's get started.

CATEGORY ONE- Be who you are.
"Be yourself. Everything else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
I think it is SOOOOO important for people to stay true to themselves. I'm sure you have heard it all before, but no one else exists in the world who is just like you. So why not give the world a different flavor of person? (Did that flavor thing make sense?) Anyways, it really doesn't make sense to me why people try to act like something they're not. I mean, I understand the slight issue when someone is trying to find him/herself, or someone might not be comfortable with him/herself, but overall, everyone is unique, everyone is special, and everyone should be themselves, because everyone is beautiful. It saddens me to see people hide themselves simply because they don't fit the images that the media is constantly pushing. Like I said, everyone is beautiful. People everywhere need to dig deep and figure out what's great about themselves. There's no need to lose yourself. Find yourself, keep yourself, and BE yourself.


CATEGORY TWO- Say what you feel.
There really shouldn't be some sort of hindrance that prevents people from saying what they want to say. I think too many people keep quiet way too often. (Disclaimer: I do think there are times when certain remarks or questions should be withheld for the sake of the circumstance or atmosphere, but people have to be their own judge on what's appropriate.) With the exception of that disclaimer there, SAY WHAT YOU FEEL! Why not? I told you guys in my last post that I'm the type of girl who (almost) all the time says what she wants to say when it's appropriate. If I have an opinion that I want to be heard, I will make it audible. Say what you need to say, because keeping your thoughts bottled up inside isn't really the best thing for you as a person. Though it could lead to negative things being said, it's important that everyone exercises their unalienable right of the freedom of speech. SPEAK UP! Just please don't say anything too crazy that will cause a war or something. That is one of the main reasons why I started NIA SPEAKS. I wanted to be heard. I wanted to somehow get my thoughts and opinions out there, and I'm glad that this blog has given me an opportunity to do so.

CATEGORY THREE- Figure out who matters and who doesn't.
The difficult thing when it comes to saying what's on your mind is deciding who matters and who doesn't. The part of the quote that says, "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." is my favorite part! I think that's also what got the quote to become so popular, because it's kind of true. The people who get offended that you tell the truth are the people who shouldn't matter, because obviously they can't handle what you have to say. Those who should matter to you are the ones who listen to what you have to say even if they don't agree with it. No matter what you say, there will always be at least one person who disagrees with you. I'm not saying critique is bad. It could open your eyes to help you realize something else. But if someone is always trying to shut down what you have to say, ignore them. Don't let anyone get to you or keep you from speaking up. It's your voice not theirs.

Hopefully this post has some sort of meaning to you. I just really wanted to write something about this quote. What are your thoughts on this quote?












Picture: No Copyright Infringement Intended

No comments:

Post a Comment