Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Supplement to My Favorite Quotes

Hey, readers! You can consider this post as a "Part 2" to My Favorites Quotes (thus far). Some of these quotes are motivational, some of them are funny, and some are just random. Some of these quotes are from famous people, some of them are from my friends, some are from anonymous people (or I don't know/remember who said them), and some are from myself. Some of these quotes are from movies or books. Some of these are from interviews, and some of these are simply from everyday life. Here it goes.

*I'm not going to put my friends' last names on here, just for protection purposes. I guess. If there is no last name, chances are he/she is a friend of mine.
*The movie/TV show/book a quote was taken from will be in parentheses.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

‎"A party's not a party unless you ache at the end of the night." -Kia

"Expectation is the bridge to disappointment." -Linda

"If ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise."

"Life is good when you're wearing a smile."

"This is what I live for. This is called survival. All my rivals are dead on arrival." -Ice Cube

"Thank God I found the good in goodbye." -Beyoncé

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians." -Linda McCartney

"Put the shut to the up, okay? The shut to the up." -Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea Goes to Jail)

"The idle mind is the devil's workplace." -Ellen G. White

"Pretty won't cook a meal, and handsome won't pay the bill. Pretty covers a lot of crazy, and handsome covers a lot of lazy."

"Flattery is totally different than a sincere compliment."

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." -Steve Jobs

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel

"Life is too short to wear boring clothes."

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I am an English major. An ENGLISH major! There is no reason for me to know the structure of the brain. What is a bloody basal ganglia?!" -Nia Langley

‎"It's true what they say. You give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but you give a man a cow and he can eat for a month, maybe more." -Hilary Banks (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)

‎"Sucks to your assmar!" -Ralph (Lord of the Flies)

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” -Albert Einstein

‎"If someone says "I love you" and you dont feel the same way back say "I love youtube" real fast." -Jalen

‎"My teacher said, 'If you leave Oakwood without a husband, you only got half your money's worth.'" -Girl in my dorm

Nia: She needs to worship the rain that falls on the grass that grows on the ground he walks on.
Aliya: What if he's walking on cement?

"I never understood buffalo wings. I mean, buffalos don't have wings." -Nia Langley

"Only in America do people buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight."

"Only in America do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters."

"Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?"

"Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?"

"Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?"

"Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?"

"If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?"

"Fall in love when you're ready, not when you're lonely."

"We're complicated now? Let me tell you what's complicated...Your mama borrowing $20. Every week. That's complicated. I feel like I got her on payroll." -Reign

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
But this one doesn't"

‎"Pure love will never return to you void." -Old man (Why Did I Get Married Too?)

"Swallow your pride occassionally. It's non-fattening."

‎"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." -Andre Gide

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car."

"What part of the chicken do the nuggets come from?"

"Shout out to those times in childhood when you left your room and tried to sneak a peek to see if your toys were alive like they are in Toy Story." -Nia Langley

"Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"

‎"I have a dream to have a dream."

"Love is many things. It's varied. One thing it is not and can never be is unsure." -Maya Angelou (Madea's Family Reunion)

‎"Today's promise is tomorrow's restraining order." -Melanie Barnett-Davis (The Game)

"Everybody makes mistakes. But don't turn a slip into a fall." -Nia Langley

"Wait. I don't understand why there's pink lemonade when there aren't pink lemons." -Nia Langley

"Men come and go, but McDonald's is forever." -Ashanti

"‎Sure God created man before woman, but then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece." -Raymona

"Sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wings."

"We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside of us."

"Don't let people follow you when you don't know where you're going." -Michael

"If you want someone to fall for you, trip him."

‎"Bring your street game." -Nene Leakes

‎"The reality is, I'm living my whole life just to hear two words, and that's "Well done"." -Tye Tribbett

"If you're gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty."

"Silence is golden."

"So, I decided that I cried my last tear yesterday." -Mary Mary

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." -Bill Gates

Did you like any of quotes from this collection? Do you have any favorite quotes? LET ME KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment