Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hmmm...So what happened this week?

MONDAY
Do any of you guys remember that show on Disney Channel called "Lizzie McGuire"? Well on Monday, I got word that Disney is will be shooting "Lizzie McGuire: College Life" this fall and will air it in the spring.
Hilary Duff said that she is excited to go back to where her career began. So, I think that's pretty interesting...

I also received my acceptance letter from Oakwood University! That's the college I will be attending, so I was super excited.









TUESDAY
Many of you know that my favorite dance company is the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. Well, I got the chance to see the company perform on Tuesday! Ahhhh! They were sooooo amazing. I enjoyed EVERY piece they showed us of their repertoire. My favorite pieces were the "Anointed" (especially the first section of it named "Passing"...performed by Glenn Allen Sims - my favorite dancer's husband - and Olivia Bowman Jackson), In/Side (performed by Samuel Lee Roberts), and Revelations (Alvin Ailey's most popular and critically acclaimed work that's been performed for 50 years).

No, Linda Celeste Sims didn't perform that night...unfortunately =(. But it was GREAT to see some of the company perform that night regardless. So inspiring! I swear, I have a love/hate thing for dancers. I hate them for being able to do such graceful and admirable things...I envy them. But at the same time, I have such a respect for them, and I'm in awe of the things they are able to do. I LOVE DANCE!

Photo by Andrew Eccles

WEDNESDAY
Wednesday was the middle of the week, so it was somewhat a struggle, but pretty much chill. I think if you can make it through Wednesday, you can last the rest of the week.

THURSDAY
On Thursday, I had an interview with the Magic Johnson Foundation for the Taylor Michaels Scholarship. I was more nervous than a new guy in a prison shower block, but overall, I think it went well. I was interviewed by two people, and I'll know if I got the scholarship in two weeks. AH! *Fingers crossed!*


FRIDAY
YES! The end of the week had come. Friday was a pretty chill day too, but I was kind of tired, because I went to bed around 3:30am and woke up at 5:00am to go to the gym. But, overall I was just happy the weekend was almost in reach.

FUTHER MORE...
Also, something that was new for me this week is that I started waking up at 5:00am to go the gym to work out. If you read my About Nia section, you'll see on the bottom that I like working out hahaha. So pretty much, I work out at around 5:30am and 8:00am on Mondays through Fridays...and 6:30am tomorrow. I haven't set a time for the weekends haha

But today, I went to church and had a nice rest. I might be getting dragged to a party soon(?), so I had to do this post real quick.

I hope you all had a great week, and have a great rest of the weekend! Much love :)












Pictures: No Copyright Infringement Intended

No comments:

Post a Comment