Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Week of School: Day One

Real quick. I am a freshman at Oakwood University as an English Professional Writing major, and I'll be giving you all daily posts regarding my first week of school. Let's start with today!

WEDNESDAY

I am an extremely precise when it comes to my schedule. During orientation and today, I got up at 5:45 AM. I would get up, take a shower, brush my teeth (and retainers -___-), get dressed, have worship, do my hair, and get to the cafeteria right at 7:00 AM, because I don't care for lines.

Today, I did the same thing. Except, I didn't wear what was in my outfit journal (that I plan in advance). I just put on some sweatpants - THREE CHEERS FOR SWEATPANTS - and a t-shirt, because my first class didn't start until 10:00 AM. Believe it or not, I am not a morning person.

So, I am at the cafeteria, getting my ID card swiped, and next thing you know, the lady says I'm not in the system.

Whaaaaat?! Not in the system? I've been eating at the cafeteria all week during orientation, and now all of a sudden, I'm not in the system?

I made some calls, but nothing was open at 7:00 AM, so I decided to make some oatmeal to hold me over.

This is what I wore today. I would just click on it, because Blogger is doing something weird to the quality.


My first class, Psychology - Honors, started at 10:00 AM. We pretty much just went over the syllabus.

My next class was Freshman Composition. We started at 11:00 AM and also went over the syllabus and other handouts. That professor made me laugh. You see, Oakwood is a private school that happens to have a dress code. No jewelry (-______-), no shorts/skirts that's higher than an inch above the knee, no cleavage, etc. This professor, like the other professors, abides by those rules, but she took it to a different. First, she pulled out of a bag, a "Bling Box". She had something to cover up your legs if too much is showing. Something to cover up your back if too much is showing. A big drape to cover up everything if your whole wardrobe is too much. But what still has me laughing is - I kid you not - the "Bosom Bib". My professor pulls out this bib with the words "Bosom Bib" on it. I was laughing so hard! She says to us, "Some of you ladies have been very well endowed, but we don't want to show all of our blessings." Mercy.

I had my Life and Teachings of Jesus class at 1:00 PM. Again, it was going over the handouts. Oh, and I bought two of the required textbooks from her for $1 and $3. Good deal!

At 2:30 PM, I went to my Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics class. We went over the syllabus. Getting kind of old, right? We got out really early though.

Finally, my Tennis I class started at 3:45 PM. The instructor is fifty-six years old, and he looks like he's in his forties...maybe late thirties. We went over some stuff. Again. I can't wait to start playing tennis again. It's been too long.

That's about it! I'll update you sometime tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment