Friday, August 5, 2011

Get To Know Me One Fact At A Time.

It's been a little while since I've given you all a Personal post about me, so I've decided to write 25 random facts about Nia Langley.

Here's my attempt to help you get to know me a little bit better.


1. Sometimes, I am actually crazy enough to go out in public with my hair like that.

2. My eyes are dark brown and blue on top. Sometimes, you can really see the blue if the camera is on flash...like that picture there. Click on it, and you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I didn't edit it. Promise.

3. I am a Seventh-day Adventist Christian.

4. Nia means "Purpose" in Swahili.

5. 25 is one of my favorite numbers. That's why I'm giving 25 facts.

6. I have a father, mother, and younger sister. I also have 3 god-brothers and 2 god-sisters.

7. I'm a freshman at Oakwood University. I'm majoring in English: Professional Writing and minoring in political science.

8. I have a 5 year old son named Marcus Reuben Langley who is my pride and joy. Don't worry he's a Build-A-Bear. His breed is Lil' Cocoa Cub. Here's a picture! He's on the left, and his cousin, James is on the right. This was taken this past Thanksgiving. =)


9. My favorite color is blue.

10. My favorite animal is the Lion.

11. My favorite drink is water!

12. I don't wear any make-up. For some reason, when I put it on, I feel like I look like a trollop. I'm not saying that those who wear make-up look like women of the night...or men of the night. That's just me.

13. I go between vegetarianism and veganism. (Hmmm...maybe I should write a post about that?)

14. I wish I was a dancer. I have this love/hate thing for dancers (even gymnasts). I am so jealous that I can't do what they are able to do, but at the same time, I am in awe of them. I admire them and what they are capable of doing. To me, dancers and gymnasts are like superheroes.

15. I am (almost weirdly) extremely protective of my dictionaries. I prefer the Oxford Dictionary over all.

16. I do all sorts of music. I play the violin, and I'm teaching myself how to play the piano. I used to play the clarinet, and I sing. Pssst! Wanna hear a secret?! Sometimes, when it came to solos at unimportant events, for my own amusement, I would purposely sing badly (or not-as-well) to avoid compliments. I hate dealing with compliments like that.

17. I secretly want to go to FIT. Fashion inspires me.

18. One day, I want to start a clothing line, and for some reason, I want to name it "Chocolate Sugar". I'm sure that will change in the future. "Lady Devereux" is kind of something I want to do, too. That sounds classy. I don't know.

19. Half of my closet is full of business professional suits.

20. I'm a weird type of shopaholic. I can't stand trying on clothes in the store, and I don't like being in the same store for a long period of time, but just like in the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic, I get this rush when I buy something. It's like this high. Everything feels good. But alas, the moment is gone. I feel kind of bad, because I just spent some money, so I do it again...and again...until I'm broke. It's a real shame.

21. I can be described as antisocial. That description is somewhat accurate and inaccurate at the same time. When I prefer not to have the company of others, it's not because I'm anti-people. It's usually because I'm in some deep, intellectual thinking process of some sort, and it just so happens that I am in many deep thinking moments almost all of the time. However, when push comes to shove, I can be very sociable. My persona demands it. I'm pretty good at talking and engaging in activities with other people, and people say that I'm friendly, so I don't know. My antisocial-ness is probably a special case.

22. I use a journal to plan my outfits in advance. I would tell you exactly what I'll be wearing next week, but my journal is nowhere near me, and I'm kind of writing this post...

23. I wear my hair in its natural state every once and a while. Sometimes it's in braids, but that hasn't been the case in a LONG time. My hair is mainly PRESSED. I've never used the creamy crack (perm), and I've never had extensions/weave...regardless of what people think.

24. I kind of want my wardrobe to be similar to Fran Fine's wardrobe. (Fran Fine was a character that was played by Fran Drescher in the television sitcom called The Nanny - one of my favorite shows.)

25. I love photography. I haven't had any clients in a while, especially considering the fact that I'm looking for a new camera. Any suggestions?

BONUS! I feel like my location is keeping me from having the life I want. If I lived in a place like El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles, better known as Los Angeles, I would have a better chance at knowing the people I want to know...doing the things I want to do. And then, there's a different set of people I want to know. A particular group of people in New York. The concrete jungle where dreams are made of. I mean, the glam is one thing, but I'd rather have the contacts, the friends, the people to network with. Michigan is a truly a waste...an example of God's wrath perhaps? Haha!

I hope this post was comical, informational, or at least entertaining enough to read.

Not satisfied and wanna know more? Hit up my formspring! formspring.me/NiaSpeaking

Let's do this again sometime. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment